image image image image

NOTICE: We are only available by appointment in the office at this time to prevent the spread of COVID-19. 

Set an Appointment

Set An

Schedule an assessment with our resident physician now.


Benefits of

You can get various advantages from home care.



You may refer someone you know who is in need of our services.


Contact Information

Office Hours: Monday - Friday 9am-5pm

ico2 225 University Ave West, Suite 123B
St. Paul, Minnesota 55103

ico3 Fax: 651-641-8652
Phone: 651-641-8660

ico4 Email:


Office Hours:
Mon-Fri 8am-5pm

We Pay Overtime Rate for Holidays:
Memorial Day, New Years, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Labor Day & Christmas

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I pay for services? PCA and Homemaking services are free to you if you qualify for Medical Assistance and the service(s). Don’t have insurance? Give us a call and we can direct you to the right place.

What type of services do I need? Services you need will depend on your needs and assessment with the assessor. An assessor will visit your home and review your daily needs and health. During the evaluation, the assessor completes the PCA Assessment and Service Plan. The assessment takes about one hour. The assessment includes questions:

  • To see if you need a responsible party
  • About the types of help you need on an average day
  • About your medication
  • About your health
  • About your behavior

What if I don’t have insurance? Give us a call and we will help direct you to the right place.

How much do you pay? Up to $13 an hour.

What insurances do you take?  Asian-American Home Health Care Servives, Inc. welcome all state plan insurance: Straight MA, UCare, Blue Cross Blue Shield, HealthPartners, Medica, and South Country Health Alliance

How do I get PCA/Hmking started? Depending on what health care program you are with, different people do the assessment. Your assessment should happen within 30 days of contacting one of the following:

  • If you are on state plan Medical Assistance, and not enrolled in a health plan, you must contact your local county agency or tribe.
  • If you are on a waiver, you must contact your local county agency or tribe.
  • If you are on Alternative Care, you must contact your local county agency or tribe.
  • If you are enrolled in health plan, you must contact your health plan member services.

How long does BGS take? It all depends on how long it takes DHS to process your study. We’ve seen it as fast as 1 week to 3 months.

How long does application process take for my Caregiver/Worker/? To complete all applications takes about 1 hour, depending on the number of questions the Caregiver/worker has. Your worker can complete the employment forms electronically or in person at the local office. The Caregiver/Worker has to meet all of the following requirements to be enrolled as an individual PCA and before providing services:

  1. Meet the personal care assistant criteria
    1. Be 18 years of age or older
    1. Be employed by a PCA provider agency
    1. Initiate and clear a criminal background study
    1. Enroll with the DHS as a PCA one all employment criteria are met
  2. Successful completion of the Individual PCA Training requirements
  3. Can not be on the Office of Inspector Exclusion list
  4. Can not be on the MHCP Enrolled Provider Excluded Provider Lists as an excluded individual provider
  5. Clear a background study from DHS Licensing through NETStudy
  6. Wait to receive notice from DHS Licensing that the person is one of the following before allowed to begin work as an individual PCA provider:
    1. Not disqualified or
    1. Has a set-aside to the disqualification

What age does my caregiver/worker has to be in order to apply? 16 years old.

Is Susan there? She may not be available, but all of our staff have been properly trained are available to help you.